ASHRAE will advance the arts and sciences of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration and related human factors to serve the evolving needs of the public and ASHRAE.
ASHRAE’s Core Values
Excellence: We are committed to the achievement of technical quality and excellence in our programs, publications, courses and other activities.
Advancement: We are committed to the advancement of the arts and sciences of HVAC&R for the benefit of society, whether through technology transfer or education and training.
Integrity: We are committed to honesty in the practice of our profession as embodied in the ASHRAE Code of Ethics.
Leadership: We are committed to providing leadership within our industry, and developing leadership qualities in our members.
Service: We are committed to service to our members and to the public.
ASHRAE will be the global leader in the arts and sciences of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration;
ASHRAE will be the foremost, authoritative, timely and responsive source of technical and educational information, standards and guidelines; and
ASHRAE will be the primary provider of opportunity for professional growth, recognizing and adapting to changing demographics, and embracing diversity.
ASHRAE Strategic Goals
- Make the Handbooks more relevant to ASHRAE’s primary customers.
- Create a comprehensive ASHRAE Business Plan.
- Develop and maintain products and services to meet the needs of ASHRAE’s primary beneficiaries.
- Create a culture of innovation and flexibility within ASHRAE that recognizes and responds to technological change.
- Optimize the use of volunteer’s time.